a collection of memories that are near and dear to us.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

it's the little things...

as a mother i sure have come to appreciate the little things. all those little moments you hope you'll never forget. this evening trey graced me with another one of those moments.
as i put him to bed tonight and i lay beside him saying our prayers he grabbed my arm and pulled it up and over him. then he pushed it away. and once again he pulled it up and over him. he was fidgety and i couldn't tell exactly what he was trying to do. finally he put my hand to rest right over his heart and he said "that's good momma, that's where i like it." two seconds later he was asleep. that is a moment i hope i never forget.
i love knowing that tonight my son feel asleep with my hand over his heart. sleep well sweet boy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet little boy. That brought a tear to my eye. It really says something to the kind of mother you are. Remeber that.