a collection of memories that are near and dear to us.

Monday, June 2, 2008

kate gets her ears pierced: TAKE 2!

shortly after getting her ears pierced last august we had a bit of an incident that resulted in
one of her earrings popping out. so to make a long story short after many tears shed by both mother and child we decided that having two pierced ears was probably over rated and that one would be just fine with us. "until i am 20" kate said at the time of the incident. i had suggested a return trip several times over the past couple of months only to be quickly shot down and then suddenly kate changed her tune. this past thursday morning on our way to school kate stearnly announced that she was ready to have her second ear re-pierced. so with grammy swenson along for moral support we made our way back to claire's boutique for a second go round. far more tears during the pregame this time but she was a trooper. it is the anxiety that gets them every time. like taking a shild to the doctor when they know they have shots to look forward to.
as she was crying i looked into her eyes and asked her if she really wanted to do this. "YES" she replied so i gave the lady the nod and held kate tightly against my chest. when it was all over kate looked up at me and said "i'm so glad i did that and i'm glad it's done."
i can only imagine what some of the parents passing by must have been thinking. oh well. we have two beautifully pierced ears and one happy little girl.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so proud of you, Kate!! a dancing sensation and a trooper with the ears! way to go, sweet girl!

Anonymous said...

Kater! You are braver than your Aunt Bethy ever was. I was so scared to get my ears pierced, too but it took many years before Grandma Swenson could go with me to get my ears pierced. Super Awesome!

The Sundbergs said...

I keep asking Emma if she'd like to pierce her ears. She ALWAYS says, "When I'm five". I'm sure when September comes, she'll say, "When I'm six". Maybe have Kate talk her into it??? :)