a collection of memories that are near and dear to us.

Friday, June 20, 2008

the incredible edible egg...

the local pool that we joined this summer stays open late two nights per week and this past tuesday night after i finished work we shot over and spent our first "evening" at the pool. we met friends and all brought something to share. i had some spinach left from last weeks CSA and wasn't much in the mood for sandwiches so i threw "this" together for the mother's to enjoy. i don't make quiche very often because peter won't touch it nor will the kiddos but i must say it was delish!
first i lighted sauteed some spinach, mushrooms and the remaining garlic greens we had in some EVOO. whipped up 4 eggs and a splash of milk. added a heaping handful or mozzarella, a couple of shakes of parmesan and a small package of plain feta. mixed in all together and pored it into a store bought pie crust. topped with a few remaining shrooms and baked at 350 for 45 minutes. mmmmmmmmmmmm!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmm that looks tasty. too bad I am not eating for the rest of my life. oh wait, who am I am kidding? I love food too much. I will be making this soon.

Anonymous said...

I love love love quiche. I make a similar one, but I put bacon in it because really bacon.

Anonymous said...

Yummy!
I hope you plan on making this while at the cottage and the boyz are all eating hot dogs......except for Pete I who will be enjoying a turkey burger.
See ya real soon.

the roe family said...

abso-tootley

The Sundbergs said...

that looks REALLY yummy!