a collection of memories that are near and dear to us.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

scrum-deli-ISH!!!

what a way to start the day.
first i cracked and separated two eggs, saving just the whites. then i cracked and added one more egg to my two egg whites.
then i brought some marinara to a simmer in a saute pan. i poured in my eggs, broke the yolk, and covered with lid. essentially "poaching" the egg in the Marinara. i am not a fan of the typical runny yolk so i let it cook all the way through.
while the eggs were poaching i toasted a piece of whole grain bread (freshly baked by the sparrow and farm bakery in Marshall that is amazing!!!)
when the eggs were cooked all the way through i placed the egg and atop the bread and sprinkled with fresh Parmesan cheese.


this dish could easily be served for dinner with a side of kale or steamed spinach.

thanks Martha, my new fav for sure!

2 comments:

The Iron Squirrel said...

A side of yale??? What would harvard and princeton think?! Just kidding. Giada made these ggs in one episode of her show and I have always wanted to try them. Now I think I will!!!

Anonymous said...

This sounds so amazing! I'm trying it this weekend! Thanks.