a collection of memories that are near and dear to us.

Saturday, November 8, 2008

kids!

you've got to love their honesty!
this evening after dinner pete, kate, trey & i were all enjoying a cozy little family moment gathered around the fireplace talking about the day we had. the fire had started to dwindle so i hopped up to throw another log on the fire. as i bent over kate boldly announced "mom you've got a BIG booty." i turned around a bit startled and a bit embarrassed. my eyes went directly to pete as i was in search of some positive reinforcement... only he bust out laughing. soon trey joined in, and kate and i followed suit.
if any one needs me in the morning i'll be out running. like 40 miles...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I dare come to NC as I really DO have a big boody- I call it my caboose!

The Iron Squirrel said...

Where the heck did she learn the word "booty"? Thats hilarious...and yeah, I have some ghetto booty too...you should warn her shes got half Roe ghetto booty and half Quantince booty so she better embrace it. I know I do!

the roe family said...

very true! excellent advice aunt ally.

she has used booty and hot here lately. totaly catching us off guard. i had to give her the lecture that hot wasn't really a nice word for her to use when she was talking about her pretty friends...
and we are only in first grade. help me!