a collection of memories that are near and dear to us.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

kate's summer book "review" begins~


seems our rising second grader has an insatiable thirst for the written verb. pete and i thought it might be fun for her to keep a journal of her readings this summer and write a short review following the conclusion of each story. so saturday she was given a 7x5 spiral bound notebook and was treated to a trip to the local book store and this is what we've got so far. stay tuned readers. we promise a whole lot more to come...
5-31-09, Coroline
I like when Coroline goes through the door and looks for her kidnapped parents. The lesson I learned is that your parents would never stop loving you.
6-2-09, The Tale of Despereaux
I like the book Despereaux more then the movie because it was more believable. I really like him a lot because he like to read like I do. I also understand the black spots the princess has on her hearts. If i lost my family or Tabby I would have 2 very big black spots.

1 comment:

Bountiful Blessings said...

Dear Kate,
Thank you for your wonderful book reviews. It was nice to see your perspective on the books. I think I am going to head to the bookstore in the morning and pick up the books for Jack and Clay. May you always have a love for reading...I do too! I look forward to your future reviews :)