a collection of memories that are near and dear to us.

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

middle age women gone WILD!






against my better judgement i am posting these cellphone pics.
danielle, one of my lifelong friends who currently resides in chicago was in nashville last weekend for a family engagement. we took full advantage of her being in the "neighborhood" and i drove over to meet her. with an over priced room at an under par motel we had no real plans. we just wanted some "girl time" some time to catch up and possibly relax.
poolside by 2 we topped off our second cocktail by 3 and decided it was time to clean up and head down town to take in the local scene. BBQ and country music was all the rage. so when in rome... we indulged.
and just when a girls night couldn't get much better we hooked up with my dear friend sandy formerly of mooresville. she and her family relocated to just outside nashville about a year ago and she and a few of her gal pals came down and met up with danielle and i. sandy is like a breath of fresh air. she is always up, always willing to help and always ready to have fun.
the evening included a lot of laughs, singing, dancing, tossing of drinks, dancing on the ON the bar and ended with each of us taking a spin on a mechanical bull. we turned in around 330 and i was on my way home by 8. can you believe that? that is what being a mother will do to you.
i give thanks every day for the amazing friends that i have. they continue to support and surprise me. they continue to know me and love me. i am incredibly blessed!

5 comments:

The Iron Squirrel said...

thats outrageous!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Looks like a lot of fun. Good for you for goind and living it up. God Bless for operating on 5 hours of sleep...but hey you've done it before, right?

The Sundbergs said...

woo-hoo!!!!!!! I'm ready again!!!! And who is with Danielle in that picture? Some country STAR?? :) I'm still waiting for the pictures of your bull ride. I KNOW I took some, however, being 3:00am and likely 8 drinks later, I may well have taken pictures of the wall.....

The Sundbergs said...

What??? Middle aged women???? I don't know about you, but I am NOT middle aged!!!!!! I still have a few more years for that!!!!!! I am the pre-middle aged young girl..... :)

Wiens/Friday Clan said...

These pictures remind me of that time we went out with people from work and we had those 2 priceless photos of the two of us. I had a good laugh!