a collection of memories that are near and dear to us.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

we need to do this MORE often!



here andrew kindly shares in "time out" spot with kate
and NO he wasn't in time out.
look at that beautiful child.
he gives me goosebumps!
& he is as mellow as her appears in this pic


the kids and i trucked on over to mooresville to see a family we've been missing for months; the cummings.
not a day goes by that i don't think of these folks fondly. melanie has been an incredible friend for nearly a decade and it wasn't until i left her house on sunday that i realized just how much i've been missing her. melanie shared my first pregnancy with me and supported me fully as i tipped scales across town. post pregnancy melanie got me through my first marathon, she was the first friend that i told when we found out we were pregnant with trey. melanie has been the friend that i've been able to drag to the southern holiday home show year after year. she is that friend that has unconditionally loved our children and has always done her best to keep up with their busy life's. she has been the friend that always remembers to call me on my birthday and my KIDS birthdays just to tell us she was thinking about us. melanie is the friend that shares her secret recipes with me and has taught me how to host a party. i could go on and on...
it is a joy now to see her with her son andrew. he is precious and exudes all of the love he has been showered with.
can't wait to see you later this fall my dear friend!





4 comments:

The Iron Squirrel said...

Nice, you posted again! Looks like a good time, Trey look REALLY grown up now...

Meme said...

Oh my, that is one busy day and it is only 5 something AM. Trey looks like he has grown a foot since we last saw him and Kate is pretty as ever. Look out 2nd grade, here she comes. Can't wait to live close again this winter.
Love & OOOs,
Meme

Melanie said...

Those are some extremely kind words. I really appreciate it. Know that I love you and your family as if you were my own. I miss the Roe's and the Guldberg's so much. Yes, selfishly, I wish all you guys would move back to Mooresville. Thanks for the visit.

melissa said...

looks like you had nice visit. miss you all!