a collection of memories that are near and dear to us.

Saturday, June 2, 2007

kate and mom share a tender moment...

tender to the touch that is...

last sunday after a relaxing and extremely satisfying brunch downtown we decided to make the most out of the afternoon and set out for a leisurely stroll. i was carrying trey and peter and kate were following close behind. to my surprise a giant crack in the sidewalk actually reached right up - grabbed by leg and sent me flying.....with trey in hand. trey was spared but i went down hard. and to make matters worse i was wearing a skirt and was terrified that i exposing far too much of myself. it was sort of a surreal moment - it felt like time had actually stopped...

after peter nearly pulled my arm out joint "trying" to help me up i brushed myself off, quickly cracked a joke and assured kate mommy was going to be fine - despite the blood that had run down my leg and onto my foot! we stopped at the bookstore and kate and trey had the pleasure of playing doctor. they eagerly assisted in the clean-up.

just as the excitement from my fall had begun to wear off - kate went down next. this time unfortunately there were tears and not nearly as much laughing. as they say like mother like daughter...poor girl.

after returning home kate was quick to point out that we had matching boo-boos and thought that was kind of cool.


No comments: